POETRY: My Silence














My silence is my revolt.
It is my hands raised to the heavens
Separated by boards that read 'not anymore'... 

My silence is the antonym of a bad plumbing of the mouth chucked full of laughter at my own jokes.
Sweetness dripping from crevices of tales I shouldn't tell... 
Hoping that you'll like me.

My silence is my diplomatic approach to initiating the third World war.
World because my life revolves around you -my orbit.
War because my eyes would become battle ground...
Fighting these tears when your name becomes an echo in my deserted heart. 
















My silence is a desperate call.
Hoping you'll hear me when words fail.
When my frustration and pride entwined around my neck result in spasms of ceaseless shoulder shrugs.
Read my lips.
No. Don't.
Just kiss them.

Let the tongue loose.
Give me back my speech...but know
My silence is a revolt. 
My jaws are too tired to hold conversations for both if you will not speak to me.
Just let me be.

My silence is... 

Fragile
#jagajagapoet ©

Comments

Post a Comment